sometimes you just need to lay on the floor and do nothing for three years
leave a symbol in my ask:
- ᄏ: Play any instruments?
- ω: Have you ever dyed your hair? If so, what color(s)?
- △: Have you ever painted the walls of your room?
- 【・ヘ・?】: Ever tripped in front a bunch of people?
- ＊: When was the last time you tied your hair up? (if your hair is long enough)
- 旦: Last time you drove your car (if you can drive/have one)?
- 愛: Are you currently dating?
- 太: When it's New Year's, do you make New Year Resolutions and actually commit to them?
- ＠: Ever felt attracted to the opposite sex before?
- (｀▽´)Ψ: Did you used to play hide-and-seek when you were little inside stores?
- (づ￣ ³￣)づ : Have you ever had to hug someone you didn't want to?
- 空: Did you ever throw up after one roller coaster ride or a few?
- ☆: Have you ever played games such as 'Spin the Bottle'?
- ⊙: Are you happy with where you are in life right now?
- ヽ(ﾟДﾟ)ﾉ: Have you ever wanted to flip a table before? If so, why?
- ピ: Did you like Pokemon as a child?
- (⌒.−): Are there times where you wish to go back in time and redo or fix something you regret?
- ♪: Do you find yourself singing or humming to yourself sometimes?
- ☁: Ever wanted to learn a foreign language?
- (;° ロ°): Have you ever lost your wallet or purse?
- ス: Have you ever swallowed gum?
- ♀: Tell me something that turns you on.
- ♂: Tell me something that turns you off.
- ⅚: Post the link if your current favorite song.
- ღ: Post a gif of what you're currently feeling right now.
- ≘: Have you ever watched the sun rise?
- ☄: Would you defend a friend if they were in danger?
- હ: Are you still a virgin?
- ➍: Ever been to a concert? Was it fun?
- ♛: Do you like group projects?
- 高: How often do you use headphones/earbuds?
- ಲ: Headphones or earbuds?
- ♞: Showers or baths?
- ✗: Walks on the beach or in a forest?
- ⊙﹏⊙: Which horror movie scared you the most? If any?
- ^∇^: Has your best friend ever made you angry?
- （．＿．）: Do you think you are an awkward person?
- メ: Cupcakes or muffins?
- (●´∀｀●): Ponies or Horses?
- ♯: Would you like to be able to fly?
- (ﾉ´▽｀)ﾉ: Ever done or considered to do drugs?
- ℝ: What color shirt are you currently wearing?
- Æ: What color underwear did you wear yesterday?
- ☪: Have you ever flipped off someone?
- ♬: Cats or dogs?
- 礼: Would you swim in the lake or ocean?
- の: Chocolate or Vanilla?
- ◐: Have you ever seen a meteor shower?
- ᄇ: Have you ever broken a bone?
- 었: Any tattoos?
- 싫: Any piercings?
- ℨ: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Σ: Have you ever farted in public before?
- ℋ: Tell us a recent awkward moment you had.
- ♔: Know the Duck Song? The Llama Song? Banana Phone?
- ۞: What shows did you watch when you were a child?
- ▼: Could you live without the internet?
- Д: Strangest food you've eaten?
- 까: Cookies or brownies?
chimiracleon34thstreet asked: This may sound silly, but I've been having a lot of trouble using pronouns in scenes involving two characters of the same gender. I end up using characters' names a lot because I want to avoid confusing regarding who the pronoun is referring to. This use of names, however, tends to make the prose very clunky. Any tips regarding smart use of pronouns?
I have this issue sometimes too, and I’m actually going to give you some advice on what not to do: don’t use epithets. Don’t resort to epithets. I know some people will say they’re fine and you should do what you want, but epithets are one of the fastest things that will make me stop reading something. I promise you that reusing a name or using a pronoun will always, always be less awkward than an epithet.
This post explains it the best for me, particularly this section here:
Not all epithets, but the overwhelming majority of epithets, are inappropriate most (if not all) of the time, and it’s at its heart a POV issue. Most people think of other people by their names most of the time. They think of themselves by name or by pronoun. I have never once in my entire life described myself as “the petite brunette” in my internal monologue, despite the fact that I am, in fact, a petite brunette, and if explicitly asked to describe myself, I very well might describe myself as a petite brunette. The problem is not the epithet. The problem is that that is not how I think of myself on a moment-to-moment basis.
If you are running into a sentence that contains your characters’ names 14 times and it’s awkward, I know that feel, bro. Especially a problem in same-sex sex scenes where the pronouns get jumbled really quickly. A couple tips:
- Names repeated 14 times, or 140 times, are still less jarring than inappropriate epithets.
- No really I promise.
- However. If you’re trying to get rid of some names, most of the time, you can have pronouns that are technicallyvague references and still make perfect sense, if you use the sentence structure to make your pronouns less confusing.
I’m having a hell of a time thinking of a good example of this even though I know I’ve used it (I’ve used it lately, even)—but I’m not good at writing not-bad!fic out of context. So here’s the basic idea: if you have something along the lines of “Character A verb Character B, he verb him, he verb him” (kinky), the reader will tend to assume that all objects in that sentence are the same, and all subjects in that sentence are the same—i.e. both of those instances of “he” are Character A, and both those instances of “him” are Character B. This is definitely a… to-be-used-sparingly sort of an approach, but it can work if you just feel like the names have been repeated so often it’s starting to read really choppily. But really, names are way less jarring than inappropriate epithets. Really. I promise. Promise. Pinky swear.
I know not everyone holds that philosophy and different strokes for different folks, and it’s still aggravating as a writer when you’re trying to make sense with words but keep needing to use pronouns and names, but I always take reusing a name over the alternative like, “the co-mod of Fuck Your Writing Habits”.
do u ever lie on ur side and a small tear leaks out and ur just like whoa wtf body I know I’m sad but not that sad